It had been an age since we’d gotten to explore an old, abandoned place. This one was awesome! I thought I was going to melt into a puddle of joy when I spotted the ancient, rusty tractor off in a distant two-sided barn. Without further ado…
I’ve been a super busy chick for the past half year and I see no signs of a slow-down anytime soon. But that’s okay. Having a purpose and a goal enriches one’s life. 🤗
Four Five things –
- The Pirate’s Defiant Houri is now available in the Kindle store! The print version will be ready for purchase next week and also available on Smashwords. Other outlets coming as soon as I figure them all out.
- The winners of my very first Lis’Anne Harris Romance newsletter giveaway are listed in this 2nd edition, along with the beautiful visual imagery that helped me write the story of Pirate Richard and Daring Damsel Joanna. Check it out! (The first newsletter contains the visuals for The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass. 😊)
- Sign up for the newsletter if you would like to stay abreast of Lis’Anne’s romance news. Each issue will be chock full of new release announcements with that story’s visual imagery, appearances/book signings, and giveaways!
- Marketing is hard! Upon serious contemplation, I believe it’s best to focus my energies in a few select areas rather than being scattered all over the net with little or no benefit from some of the social media outlets that are purported to be the most valuable for marketing. While those may be of great benefit to already popular entities, not so for indie authors like me with a double-digit marketing budget. 🤑 In the future, book news will be found on this website and in the newsletter. Bookbub and Amazon are also good places to follow Lis’Anne to be informed of new releases if newsletters aren’t your thing. The best places for chatting with me are on Abandoned blog posts, Instagram, or possibly on my facebook profile. (For those who don’t know, my real name is Melissa and I write as Lis’Anne. 😉)
- A new series of cool pics from an abandoned farm in Alachua County Florida will follow this post later today or tomorrow so stay tuned!
Hugs to all❣
We’re kicking off the release of The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass with a giveaway! To enter, simply subscribe to my Lis’Anne Harris Romance newsletter. There is a deadline to enter so it’s best to do it now! 😁 Links can be found at the top right-hand column of every page and in the footer. For those previously signed up, you’re already entered to win!
The grand prize basket will be filled with goodies such as a paperback copy of The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass, fabulous jewelry, handmade artisan soaps, a candle, and other fun stuff to pamper yourself while enjoying a fun read.
If you’re not a fan of historical romance, go ahead and subscribe to What’s up with Lis? to be notified of the release and giveaways for my contemporary paranormal series Abandoned, the first of which is scheduled for release July 8th, 2018. If you win a prize and it’s not your cup of tea, please pass it on to someone who might love it!
Hugs to all!
To celebrate the release of the long-awaited revised edition of my first published historical romance novel, The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass, I’ve pulled together this fabulous series of abandoned, derelict barns and sheds. If you feel so inclined, click over to read the blurb or to Amazon and check out the story of Viscount Alexander Everdon and his daring damsel, Lady Desiree Frazier. 🙂
Have you ever seen that show on the DIY channel called Barnwood Builders? I love it! I’m totally fascinated with how those humongous barns were built in the good old days with brute strength, basic tools, and brilliant planning. It’s simply amazing how many are proving the ingenuity of our ancestors by the test of time. I had no idea there are guys out there like those from Barnwood Living doing what they can to salvage the huge posts, beams, and planks of these beauties slowly decaying in the back country. How cool would it be to have one of these derelict relics from a bygone era rebuilt on your land? Turn it into a super cool party barn, pool house, or rustic home. The possibilities are only limited by your imagine and bank account. 🙂
Abandoned, derelict, forgotten, decaying, rotting, and rusting planes, trains, boats, cars, trucks, and the places they may be found.
WokandaPix on Pixabay https://pixabay.com/en/auto-vehicle-abandoned-rust-old-3147034/ Continue reading
I just realized I forgot to share my joyous news with everyone! The rights to my first two published novels have been returned to me!!! 🙌 I’ve spent the entire last month+ revising SWEET SALVATION. ✍️ I can’t believe how much my writing sucked all those years ago. 😳😬😂 I hope y’all love the new and improved version as much as I do! It should be ready to self-publish with a gorgeous new cover in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned! 🤗
Waving to all my abandoned junkies! I have a cool place to share with you today. 😊 Sorry for my overlong absence; I had to ground myself from indulging my passion for all things abandoned until my current manuscript was written and revised, the synopsis written, the blurb written, and everything was sent off to my wonderful personal editor to weed out the imperfections. Now I can’t wait to get started on my hunt for an agent and editor who are as passionate about the derelict and decrepit as we are! Continue reading
Please hang on, friends. I’ll be back with new grungy, forlorn pictures soon. I’ve been super busy pounding the keys – I love this new story I’m writing and I hope all of you who love the abandoned, decaying, neglected imagery I share will, too.
Almost to 60k words – only around 30k to go in book 1!