I’ve been a super busy chick for the past half year and I see no signs of a slow-down anytime soon. But that’s okay. Having a purpose and a goal enriches one’s life. 🤗
Four Five things –
- The Pirate’s Defiant Houri is now available in the Kindle store! The print version will be ready for purchase next week and also available on Smashwords. Other outlets coming as soon as I figure them all out.
- The winners of my very first Lis’Anne Harris Romance newsletter giveaway are listed in this 2nd edition, along with the beautiful visual imagery that helped me write the story of Pirate Richard and Daring Damsel Joanna. Check it out! (The first newsletter contains the visuals for The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass. 😊)
- Sign up for the newsletter if you would like to stay abreast of Lis’Anne’s romance news. Each issue will be chock full of new release announcements with that story’s visual imagery, appearances/book signings, and giveaways!
- Marketing is hard! Upon serious contemplation, I believe it’s best to focus my energies in a few select areas rather than being scattered all over the net with little or no benefit from some of the social media outlets that are purported to be the most valuable for marketing. While those may be of great benefit to already popular entities, not so for indie authors like me with a double-digit marketing budget. 🤑 In the future, book news will be found on this website and in the newsletter. Bookbub and Amazon are also good places to follow Lis’Anne to be informed of new releases if newsletters aren’t your thing. The best places for chatting with me are on Abandoned blog posts, Instagram, or possibly on my facebook profile. (For those who don’t know, my real name is Melissa and I write as Lis’Anne. 😉)
- A new series of cool pics from an abandoned farm in Alachua County Florida will follow this post later today or tomorrow so stay tuned!
Hugs to all❣
To celebrate the release of the long-awaited revised edition of my first published historical romance novel, The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass, I’ve pulled together this fabulous series of abandoned, derelict barns and sheds. If you feel so inclined, click over to read the blurb or to Amazon and check out the story of Viscount Alexander Everdon and his daring damsel, Lady Desiree Frazier. 🙂
Have you ever seen that show on the DIY channel called Barnwood Builders? I love it! I’m totally fascinated with how those humongous barns were built in the good old days with brute strength, basic tools, and brilliant planning. It’s simply amazing how many are proving the ingenuity of our ancestors by the test of time. I had no idea there are guys out there like those from Barnwood Living doing what they can to salvage the huge posts, beams, and planks of these beauties slowly decaying in the back country. How cool would it be to have one of these derelict relics from a bygone era rebuilt on your land? Turn it into a super cool party barn, pool house, or rustic home. The possibilities are only limited by your imagine and bank account. 🙂
I just realized I forgot to share my joyous news with everyone! The rights to my first two published novels have been returned to me!!! 🙌 I’ve spent the entire last month+ revising SWEET SALVATION. ✍️ I can’t believe how much my writing sucked all those years ago. 😳😬😂 I hope y’all love the new and improved version as much as I do! It should be ready to self-publish with a gorgeous new cover in a couple of weeks. Stay tuned! 🤗
I’ve searched for months for images to match what I saw in my mind as I wrote Sweet Liberation. None of these are perfect, but each one speaks to me. Imagination is a wondrous, fascinating, and sometimes crazy thing. People often ask from where my stories come. I don’t know how to explain it really, other than, it’s like a movie scrolling through my mind. I “see” everything, hear, smell, taste, and even feel what each of my characters experiences. I do my best to describe the most important facets of every scene without going overboard.
What you see as you read may be totally different than what I saw, and that’s okay. So long as you enjoy what your mind conjures. Of their own accord, these images are pretty cool and each has a tale to tell. Speculate away! Continue reading
Richard pressed his lips to Joanna’s sensitive nape causing goose bumps to travel the length and breadth of her form. She whimpered as her newly initiated body responded to her husband’s skillful ministrations. She clutched his arms where they held her back pinned to the chair, loving the feel of the coarse hair abrading her fingertips. His tongue set her aflame.
A low growl penetrated her wine-fogged mind. “Joanna. What you do to me without a tittle of effort boggles my mind.”
He pulled her from her seat and backed her tightly against his hard body, dwarfing her with his towering strength.
“Feel what you do to me, my lady.”
Oh, she felt exactly what she did to him. His stiff member pressed firmly into the small of her back left no doubt she had the ability to affect him without so much as a come-hither glance. She didn’t want to admit what he did to her. To do so would be to face her growing need for him to the exclusion of all else.
He deftly lifted her in his arms and descended the forward steps down to the gun deck. His long strides ate up the distance to the cabin in mere moments. She stared up into the hard planes of his face, it appeared as though he was angry—or in pain.
Before he could even gain the Great Cabin door, he stopped next to the aft companionway steps and plundered her mouth in a soul-searing kiss. He sucked the breath from her lungs and all thoughts, save the realization she was hopelessly in love.
UPDATE: I just found out there will be no Season 4. 😦 I’m off to go find a corner in which to cry. 😦 😦 😦
L-R: Mr. Silvester (Aidan McArdle); Mr. Southouse (Alun Armstrong); William Garrow (Andrew Buchan); Lady Sarah Hill (Lyndsey Marshal); Sir Arthur Hill (Rupert Graves)
If only I’d known Continue reading
Research! It leads me down paths I never expected to travel. In Sweet Liberation, Lady Joanna spends a great deal of time on the earl of Sener’s frigate. I needed to know the layout of the ship in order to accurately portray how the couple and crew would live and interact with each other in their floating castle. This image, while a bit difficult to decipher at first, helped me tremendously, along with Ship’s Miscellany: A Guide to the Royal Navy of Jack Aubrey by Michael O’Mara Books Limited.
This image of the HMS Surprise was the inspiration for Sweet Liberation.
Sometimes, when I struggle to find the right words to convey what I’m seeing in my mind, I resort to searching Wikimedia Commons or Morgue File for pictures that give my creativity a boost. Here are a few that helped me in the telling of Alex and Desiree’s story. Continue reading
Tears she’d held back fell freely as she dropped to her knees in the surf, scooping sand and saltwater to scrub the blood from her hands.
“SWEET SALVATION is a fabulous Georgian historical romance that will leave readers begging for more!” ~ Virginia Henley, New York Times Bestselling Author
LADY DESIREE FRAZIER finds herself the object of a scandalous
auction. Belittled for her stuttering speech, no man wants her to wife. Anger and disgust stiffen Desiree’s resolve to gain control of her life.
LORD ALEXANDER EVERDON, is in London to rescue his wayward brother. What he doesn’t expect to stumble upon is the noble Lady Desiree surrounded by lascivious lechers.
BOUND TOGETHER in a wild bid to free Alex’s brother from a date with the gallows. Desiree must save Alex’s life and expose a murder plot before she can revel in his Sweet Salvation.
Reader praise for Sweet Salvation:
“This romance swept me off my feet. Great hero and heroine and charming supporting characters. I loved watching this heroine find her strength.” ~ Smart Girl’s SciFi
“I loved this book, it is a must read. The characters are charming, riveting, full of desire to know more about them. I just couldn’t put the book down. The authors ability to take you back in time is incredible.” ~ San
I read Midnight Rose by Shelby Reed and LOVED it! I’d definitely give this romance a 5-star review and recommend it to everyone!
I was looking forward to sinking into another amazing story by a fellow FCRW chaptermate, but alas, the Beacon Unpublished judging has begun. Continue reading