Sorry for the late notice! If you’re in the area, join us at 1 p.m. May 31, 2019, for a question and answer session on our stories and how we write them. We’ll also be selling and signing. 🙂
Hi, all! It’s been a busy, busy last few months. I’m late on getting the word out, but better than never! If you’ll be in the Gainesville, Florida area next weekend, I’ll be signing books at the Alachua County Library, Main Branch, along with over 40 other authors of all genres. Come out and see me and pick up some awesome books and swag – perfect for gift-giving and just in time for Mother’s Day! I’m sharing my table with the fabulous author, Roberta Bombonato. We’ll be giving away a books & swag basket so be sure to come by our table to enter! The book signing deets:Continue reading
I thought I’d share some pics from the book signing yesterday. A great time was had by all!Continue reading
Lis’Anne will be signing books on Sunday, February 10th, 2019 from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. at Third House Books & Coffee – 113 N. Main St., Gainesville, Florida 📚 Just in time for giving your sweet love the gift of a delicious romance for Valentine’s Day! 💗 Other romance authors joining Lis’Anne are Rebecca Heflin, Priscilla Oliveras, Lexi Post, Darlene Marshall, and Marie Long! Books, sweet treats, and lots of giveaways will be on hand. Come pick up some fabulous stories to keep you warm on cold winter days! 💘
To answer the title question, a lot. I’ve been stewing over many subjects of late and have made some logical decisions. Continue reading
We’re no longer planning to be under the big tent. The new site is right across the street from Village Pantry. If you’re in Morristown, Indiana between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. on July 28, 2018, come by and see Lis’Anne! There will be books available for sale, or bring yours to have them signed by the author. 🤗
Save the date!
Saturday, July 28, 2018
Lis’Anne’s first ever book signing will be at her hometown’s famous Morristown Derby Days celebration! A 5-mile Run/Walk kicks off the day followed by a cool parade – she’ll be on her class float celebrating her 35th year high school reunion! Then the 71st annual Boy Scouts Soap Box Derby Race in the middle of downtown Morristown shuts down U.S. Highway 52 for another few hours as the contestants speed down the hill in their wooden cars vying to get their name in the record book. Head west of town to the school campus for carnival rides and games and the Lion’s Club Fish Fry. You’ll find her booth under the big tent! She’ll have books for sale and some fun giveaways!
Check out this goodie bag the grand prize winner received just for signing up for Lis’Anne’s newsletter!
The next grand prize won’t be so girly-girl. You might even find a tool or two hidden in the depths of the bag. 😁
It’s almost ready! Available first on Amazon July 12, 2018, followed by Kobo, Smashwords, Google Books, & Google Play!
Isabella Warren feels as empty and forlorn as the buildings she restores. The last living member of the Warren family, she desperately seeks the historic mansion in a sketch she found in her granddad’s attic. After two years, she finally finds the derelict home of her ancestors in the Berkshires of Massachusetts and wins it at auction. With the vast resources of her renovation business, she sets out to save the haunted, decrepit Chatham Hall. Isabella hopes to find a measure of peace by owning a part of her family history.
Jack Haverhill, the owner of a small historic rehabilitation company, has been waiting his whole life to buy Chatham Hall. He’s determined to save the house he believes saved him. To survive a childhood of abuse from his father, he made the derelict building his refuge. Dark anger haunts him day and night as he tries to find a new way forward after losing the house to the bossy Isabella Warren.
Instant dislike and distrust between Jack and Isabella slowly gives way to feelings of a bone-deep connection. The two work together with the aid of a paranormal investigator to uncover the heinous crimes committed by the evil spirit haunting Chatham Hall. Will the horrifying truth of the past be too ugly for Jack and Isabella to overcome?
I’ve been a super busy chick for the past half year and I see no signs of a slow-down anytime soon. But that’s okay. Having a purpose and a goal enriches one’s life. 🤗
Four Five things –
- The Pirate’s Defiant Houri is now available in the Kindle store! The print version will be ready for purchase next week and also available on Smashwords. Other outlets coming as soon as I figure them all out.
- The winners of my very first Lis’Anne Harris Romance newsletter giveaway are listed in this 2nd edition, along with the beautiful visual imagery that helped me write the story of Pirate Richard and Daring Damsel Joanna. Check it out! (The first newsletter contains the visuals for The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass. 😊)
- Sign up for the newsletter if you would like to stay abreast of Lis’Anne’s romance news. Each issue will be chock full of new release announcements with that story’s visual imagery, appearances/book signings, and giveaways!
- Marketing is hard! Upon serious contemplation, I believe it’s best to focus my energies in a few select areas rather than being scattered all over the net with little or no benefit from some of the social media outlets that are purported to be the most valuable for marketing. While those may be of great benefit to already popular entities, not so for indie authors like me with a double-digit marketing budget. 🤑 In the future, book news will be found on this website and in the newsletter. Bookbub and Amazon are also good places to follow Lis’Anne to be informed of new releases if newsletters aren’t your thing. The best places for chatting with me are on Abandoned blog posts, Instagram, or possibly on my facebook profile. (For those who don’t know, my real name is Melissa and I write as Lis’Anne. 😉)
- A new series of cool pics from an abandoned farm in Alachua County Florida will follow this post later today or tomorrow so stay tuned!
Hugs to all❣
We’re kicking off the release of The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass with a giveaway! To enter, simply subscribe to my Lis’Anne Harris Romance newsletter. There is a deadline to enter so it’s best to do it now! 😁 Links can be found at the top right-hand column of every page and in the footer. For those previously signed up, you’re already entered to win!
The grand prize basket will be filled with goodies such as a paperback copy of The Viscount’s Feisty Highland Lass, fabulous jewelry, handmade artisan soaps, a candle, and other fun stuff to pamper yourself while enjoying a fun read.
If you’re not a fan of historical romance, go ahead and subscribe to What’s up with Lis? to be notified of the release and giveaways for my contemporary paranormal series Abandoned, the first of which is scheduled for release July 8th, 2018. If you win a prize and it’s not your cup of tea, please pass it on to someone who might love it!
Hugs to all!